7.30.2012

Trust [citation needed] Fund

It's like I'm being conditioned to trust nobody.

Doctors. Lawyers. Boys. CEOs. The human race.

It's not that I don't want to trust people. Because, more than anything, I want to. And a lot of the time, I do. And then I get flipped onto my back with the wind knocked square out of me.

Then I remember,
Oh, yeah. People lie. And I kind of hate it.

So I feel like there are two things I can do:
1. Trust, because trust is necessary, then pay the consequence.
B. Trust nobody, then pay the consequence.
IV. Be really cautious about whom I trust, 
and probably end up wrong anyway.

I'll be lying on the concrete if anyone needs me.

2 comments:

ruthie.von said...

I've never really thought about trust. Which is weird now that I'm thinking about it, because it's sort of essential to life.
I can probably just chalk it up to naiveté.

your post always make me think.
I'm trying harder to leave evidence of that for you.
I feel like it's the gift I can give you in return for your words.

Alex said...

I love the concrete image, even if it is a brutal one... There doesn't seem to exist a definitive answer.