3.24.2012

Familiar Again

I know why I'm not a rock (indie, alternative, etcetera) star.

Because I don't have red (red-orange, anything near it on the spectrum) pants.


I love finding lovely music. When a song just connects. Just fits snugly into place. When I wonder how it was that the song existed all those moments without my knowledge. When I choke as I realize there was a long stretch of time that didn't contain the song, at all.

It is exhilarating when you relate to those words and the familiarity of the melody; when you discover that another soul may have a similar piece of your experience embedded right in their clasp, even when you are not even sure you completely understand the experience. Or even the words, themselves.

But you still connect, all the same.

1 comment:

ruthie.von said...

This is lovely.