10.15.2012

Ornery

Today is an ornery day. My eyes aren't tired. They're just watery and they want to close. I couldn't tell you how many times I changed my clothes this morning. I was not and still am not satisfied with what I am wearing. It is one of those days when I look fine and I look normal, but I don't feel like I look fine. I don't feel self conscious. Today is a day I don't care what other people think. But I care what I think, and I don't want to hear what I think.

I emailed my Poetry professor to clear up some grading mistakes. I no longer have a D. But a B isn't really that satisfying, either. I will probably get over it someday.

And strangely, today I feel like a poet. I have control over my words and I can tell them what to do. It is probably one of the only things I have control over.

And I can be bossy without feeling bad.

No comments: