11.30.2010

Potatoes

I have just recently observed an odd behavior of mine. When I text someone, I sit dead like a potato until that person texts me back. Maybe not completely like a potato. Because potatoes don't often go on Facebook when they are waiting for a text message. Nor do they find some other ridiculously unproductive, menial activity to occupy themselves with while they wait.

But, like a potato, if I sit in a cupboard for too long, I'll grow some nasty-weird roots. So I avoid cupboards most of the time.

Anyway, if I have something important to do, it will lounge around atop my to do list. Until I receive that simple, insignificant text message. And so I write on my blog, instead. And time passes, and my homework doesn't even do anything to reach the finish line. It never does anything.

It's probably waiting for a text message.

3 comments:

The Beautiful Kiyna said...

Who was the text message from? ;) I hate that feeling of being a potato, i'm glad you put it into words!

Bethany said...

I'm glad you understand.

Jessica said...

Haha... I am sure many of us do that...